Sunday, August 3, 2008

Popcorn Balls




I made popcorn balls with my kids and they did not turn out like the picture above...but super yummy.


Here's the simple directions:


Pop 9 cups of popcorn (not quite two bags) and pour into a 9X13.

Melt 4 Tbs of butter in microwave.

Melt one bag of mini marshmellows in microwave.

Pour melted butter in melted marshmellows and mix with spoon.

Pour that mixture over popcorn while popcorn is still warm.

Put butter on your hands and start making balls of popcorn.


Now here's where you can go two different ways.....

1)The first time I made the popcorn balls, they kept their form well. The second time, the balls kept falling apart. I think we put too much popcorn, which the marshmellows couldn't hold. So we just ate the popcorn and it was still super good!

2) If you have your nine cups and the popcorn balls are holding its shape, you use vanilla frosting to stick the top and bottom popcorn balls together. Then you can decorate as you want. Use vanilla frosting to add on anything. Our magazine had you using licorice for the hair, m&ms for the eyes and buttons. You can use vanilla waffers as a hat.

Just be creative....Remember, if all else fails, the popcorn will still taste yummy!!







6 comments:

janaeg said...

what is your email address? Email me at janaeg@hotmail.com. I am not sure if the one I have is correct or not. I am a stay at home mom at least for now. We are doing our best to keep me home as long as possible. Trying to get her at least to school before I go to work again. My mom and dad are in West Jordan and my brother is in Provo. (He divorced last year so he shares the kids) We are living in Eagle Mountain now. Tony should be home at the end of November from his deployment.

janaeg said...

Glen is about 40 min. from me and my parents are about 35 min. from me.

Shauna said...

Yum. Send some of those w/Aaron when he stops through Monterey :)

Oh and he can bring some of his chicken while he's at it.

MMThueson said...

yeah I'm so glad you left a comment!! It's good to see pics of you! I will add you to my list of family! popcorn balls look yummy!!! xoxo Maria

Nichole said...

Yummy!!! Jed wants one for his birthday!!!

Aric and Sally said...

Cool post, it woul be cooler if you had a video of Aaron singing and doing the actions to "popcorn popping on the appricot tree". Just a thought.