Wednesday, October 1, 2008

UFO Sighting at the ILAOA's House!!





Things have been pretty busy between school, work, and Relief Society.....and the lawn was the first thing I let go. I've been looking for someone to pay to do it and someone knocked on my door.....I was pretty excited and he offered a good price. A few things that made me nervous before I saw the results.....

A) After 20 min of mowing the front, I heard a bad noise and then a knock on the door. The guy said he would have to run to Wal-Mart real quick because his belt to his riding lawn mower fell out and he ran over it.

B) Once he got back, he had to fix the lawnmower every 15-20 min.

C) I saw sparks while he was riding in the back yard (he said he forgot to put in a pin, so his grate kept rubbing against the grass)

D) It was getting dark, but he said he could see.

E) He asked for a broom, because his blower wasn't working, go figure...

He got there at 6:00 andleft at 8:00 and I realized it takes me 2 hours to mow the yard by myself with a push mower, I was glad I was not being charged by the hour. I do have to say that he endured to the end.

I'm wondering if it is his trick to start late so it is too dark to see the finished project (It was so dark, I didn't get the laugh until I left for work in the morning). Smart guy....

Those swerves in the back yard---I think they were each time he had to come back out of the yard to fix his lawnmower.

Aaron taught me to that you need to go back over the lines so that you do not miss any grass....I don't know who taught him.

7 comments:

Shauna said...

That is funny. He sounds like he would be a good guy to mow Kevin Massey's estate lawn.

Justin

Laura said...

It looks wonderful!!! I hope that he had some fun. And I also hope that he gets his mower fixed for good.

Shauna said...

I was going to ask if you got your $ back but the poor kid deserves it for all his effort...and he can use the money to buy some glasses. that's pretty funny.

brit said...

Now your lawn looks about as good as mine!

Erin said...

What a blessing right? Someone shows up just when you need your lawn mowed. Sounds like he has some pretty good marketing tactics. I love that you can laugh the frustrating things off!

Aric and Sally said...

Send him my way. Maybe he can write our names in the grass, That would be cool.

Anonymous said...

That is a funny story. You always have good stories. I have to tell Kevin after I read your blog and he always laughs. I hope you guys are going well. Keep laughing.