Wednesday, April 1, 2009

On Maternity Leave!!!

I can't believe after all these years....I finally get to have my maternity leave. Now that its here, it really feels like it came so fast! I emailed Aaron before going into work and I did cry thinking of how I won't have those little munchkins any more. Most of my kids have been told by so many that they wouldn't be able to do much. If they weren't told that, they felt it, because they are the ones getting in trouble in their other classes because they don't get it which makes them act up or not turn in assignments. I'll miss being a part of that. My fourth graders were great yesterdary. On of my girls said, "Mrs. Ilaoa, it shouldn't be a sad day. We'll miss you but, its been too long since you've seen your husband and we know you really want to hold your baby." And so we have a new chapter....We are all crossing our fingers that Aaron will be home in time. His work is trying to give him his two weeks of R&R getting him home just a few days before the due date.

Some of my fourth graders....at this point they still think that the boys and girls have cooties...that's why my sweet girl does not look happy being next to the boy :)


Yes....my kids often have the look of my one student of....what are we suppose to be doing???



My 5th graders...they crack me up. I love that my one white boy is the one throwing the signs. I can honestly say I'm not sure which sign he's throwing and he probably doesn't either...my three boys sitting next to each other are trouble. They are very protective and think they can individually take on Aaron. When I show them pictures of Aaron they say that his muscles are fake. Its cute :)

These are some of Aaron's new workouts they are doing. Please dont be offended by his tummy showing:) They had to do sets of three with bar bells in between their legs. He started at 75 lbs and went up to 135. Show off....
There are actually 2 more rings in the back for each foot. The Marine is steadying those rings while he does his push ups.

I don't think I could hang from those rings regular these days (with out being pregnant!) Glad he's working out for the two of us....

3 comments:

Erin said...

Love the pictures! Your kids are so cute. I was thinking you had older ones. Like 6th grade and older, when they start to really have attitude. Now I understand missing your kids because 4th graders are still kind of nice: ) Enjoy the rest and catch up on any movies! Wish I was there with you!

brit said...

Congrats! I can see why this bitter sweet but it is also very exciting.

Anonymous said...

That ring thing is pretty intense. Congrats on not falling on your face.
It is bittersweet that you are leaving your students. You were great for them and they will always remember you.
Congrats on getting to the end of pregnancy. Now is when it is hard to move- well I guess it is hard to move-I never experienced it, but you must be so excited. Enjoy being with your family and I hope your hubby gets home in time.