
Every one knows it Back to School shopping time, so I thought I would also buy clothes for going back to teaching. I told myself I would take advantage of the sales when I needed clothes anyway. I wanted to find a pair of kakhi pants. Here's what I learned about shopping for clothes, on sale or not:
Looking at stores in the mall:
1.) Nothing fits (too tight or way too long)
2.) I am convinced that it is okay for my self esteem to buy a size bigger because the styles that were my size require them to be skin tight and way too low.
3.) Most stores don't seem to have my size.....for a price I am willing to pay.
So my husband and I decided to go to Wal-Mart for some food. I immediately saw kakhi pants. This is when my smiles started:
1) I found a pair that fit and it says "Instantly Slimming". ...and I think they did just that!
2) I found another pair, a little darker shade.
3) I was standing in line behind an older lady who could not remember her pin number for her debit card. I had my clothes so I didn't care.
4) I am pushing my cart around in the parking lot thinking of the funny old lady (while Aaron is in the bathroom). I was thinking how I hope it wont be awhile until I forget those kind of things.....then I realized I had been going up and down the isles and I couldn't find my truck!
Then I remembered we did not drive the truck.
So I quickly went back to where I thought the car was parked before Aaron would know what I had done.
Then I stood in the spot where I knew the car was and I was so confused!
Then I see Aaron driving our car around laughing because he had been following me!!!
6 comments:
LOL that is too funny. I can so see Aaron doing that. Man he reminds me of someone!!!!
That is so funny!!! I would be doing the same thing daydreaming about something wonderful and end up looking funny! and Yes Wal mart makes me smile!!
That is hilarious. Kevin would do that and then when I came up to the car he would gun it and make me run after it. Too funny. I am glad that you found clothes that fit you. I cannot find jeans that are long enough for me anywhere but ShopKo, where they have tall sizes. Shopping is frustrating. What is it about the beginning of each school year that makes you want to go shopping? Interesting.
So is he trying to make you not miss him when he goes to Cali? :) But I really wish I could've seen that. Lets see you model the pants!
That is hilarious! But you aren't getting to old to remember where things are...most days. Hope going back to school is good and love your kids just as much as the previous year! We miss you!
Congratulations on having a positive experience at WalMart. You've inspired me.
Post a Comment